VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2012 12:19:17 -0500
Begin forwarded message:

From: "Swati Sharma" <[log in to unmask]
Date: May 24, 2012 10:02:54 AM CDT
To: <[log in to unmask]>,
<[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,
<[log in to unmask]>, "Mobile Accessibility Android
Users List" <[log in to unmask]>,
<[log in to unmask]>, "Mobile Speak/Magnifier
Symbian Users List" <[log in to unmask]>, "MS/MM
Symbian Beta List" <[log in to unmask]
Subject: Braille support goes Android with Mobile Accessibility

Braille support goes Android with MA

Braille support goes Android with Mobile Accessibility, just in
time for Sight City in Frankfurt

Code Factory’s Mobile Accessibility: first ever software
application that allows the use of a Braille display on Android!

Terrassa (Barcelona), Spain, May 24th 2012

After launching Mobile Accessibility in March 2011 and with more
than 35.000 downloads worldwide, Code Factory has worked for
months to make Braille display usage possible with the product.
Once more, we have listened to our customers and turned their
desires into reality.

“Based on the tremendous response from our customers, we have
been more than motivated to keep improving this product and make
the impossible possible: add Braille support for the first time
on this platform” says Eduard Sanchez, CEO.  “Our ambition is
to keep improving our products and keep up with the constant OS
updates and add new features that add value to our products.”

This free upgrade is available for all our customers, whether
purchased in Google from one of our distributors, the free
download version of AT&T Mobile Accessibility Lite from AT&T, or
Wireless Accessibility from Sprint, Boost Mobile and Virgin
Mobile USA.  It includes the following Braille features:

a.    Use the power of a Braille display in the same way as on a
computer and similar to what is available with Mobile Speak 4 and
above.
b.    Enabling a solution for Deaf Blind users to be able to use
Android devices for the first time.
c.    Ability to use various grades, including grade 1 / 2 and
computer Braille for both input and output.
d.    Option to disable speech when Braille is turned on,
allowing users to work in silent environments like meetings

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]