From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2012 05:10:02 +0100
There are a few studies on the matter re cooked-palaeodiet:-

http://www.staffanlindeberg.com/DiabetesStudy.html

http://www.ucsf.edu/news/2010/05/5986/type-2-diabetes-cholesterol-heart-disease-kidney-risks-paleolithic-diet

Heat-created toxins, derived from cooking, are also heavily implicated in diabetes, such as advanced glycation end products(AGEs), so it might be an idea to go for a raw, palaeolithic diet:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15620429

http://clinical.diabetesjournals.org/content/21/4/186.full

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18442180

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Link&db=pubmed&dbFrom=PubMed&from_uid=22354928

Studies have shown that reducing the levels of advanced glycation end products in the body helps reduce symptoms of diabetes:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15220206

Geoff.