From:
Diane Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 17:30:01 -0700
I appreciated the advice to consume nuts in a separate meal.

I'd go on to ask whether there is any question of "leaching" of
minerals out of the body, even so.  This is conjuring up pictures
of Cocacola (leaching calcium), though I wouldn't think nuts and
seeds are anywhere near so criminal!

I'm curious what happens when minerals bind with phytates.
Does the body simply discard those new molecules?

I guess I won't be hanging around the nut bowl quite so much!
If I do, I would like to know which nuts and seeds would be the
"good guys."

Diane H.