From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2012 23:51:27 +0100

I disagree. Fumento clearly makes some good points, and even Taubes has admitted that one of the claims attributed to him by the media was exaggerated. And, as I pointed out before, it isn't only Fumento who is against Taubes but also Stephan Guyenet( a palaeo enthusiast) and others?

"God is on the side of the big battalions":- In other words, the more studies are made backing one viewpoint, the more credibility that viewpoint has; a tiny few studies, however rigorous, do not inspire confidence.

Re Aborigines:- This is quibbling. I had pointed out that the whole palaeolithic era was 2.5 million years ago, so 40,000 years ago would indeed have been the tail-end of the Palaeolithic era.