From:
Andrea Luxenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:39:19 -0700
> One can predict whether the LDL is mostly good or bad by looking at
> the HDL and triglycerides. If the HDL number is greater than the TG,
> or about the same as, the LDL will mostly be good (large bouyant).

Good to know.  My HDL is high, my trigs are very low, my total lipid panel is "low risk".  But last month I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation, and subsequent testing has shown an enlarged heart and partial blockage of the main artery which supplies the heart.

Fortunately the cardiologist has agreed to wait and see if "lifestyle changes" - mainly weight loss, exercise, and controlling sleep apnea - will improve matters.  But would welcome any advice.

Andromeda