Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2012 00:21:33 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:18:26 -0700, Diane Heath wrote:

>Thanks, Don.
>
>I can never believe that people not in hotels "go out" for coffee.

I call this "performance eating" (or drinking). It's not about simply quenching thirst or getting a caffeine dose.

Someone who makes coffee at home usually sips while reading, doing chores or browsing on their computer. People who drink out are putting on a little display of their wealth, they are enjoying the middle class role of ordering a worker to look after their luxury requirements, and they are also displaying to everyone who can see them that they have no need to be bothered by chores, that they have leisure time.

Keith