Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2011 18:31:21 -0500

Thanks for the overwhelming number of responses.

The list of responses that include recipes/links to sites are:

(All items are GF/DF. Using DF items for ones that seem to be dairy)

Pumpkin Cake

Easy and wonderful with whipped cream or cream cheese icing!

Ingredients:

1 yellow or white GF Cake Mix
1/2 can of Libby’s canned pumpkin pie mix
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or ½ cinnamon, ¼  tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp cloves

Follow directions on the cake mix adding the 2 extra ingredients.

Pears with Raspberries and Cashew Cream

Canned pears

Raspberries

Cashew nuts blended with water or the juice from the pears if you want it
sweeter to make a thick cream.

Arrange pears in dessert dishes, top with raspberries and cashew cream.
Good with GF ginger cookies.

Blender fruit whip.

It is very simple, but needs to be made on the day or it will separate.

Place in blender:

I packet plain gelatin

2 Tblesp lemon juice

1/2  cup boiling water

Blend for 45 seconds

Add 2 egg whites.  Blend for 10 seconds

Slowly add while blending

10 oz package of frozen berries

Chill for 4 hours.

I use a much larger package 600 gr or about 1 1/4 lbs of fruit and it is
delicious.  I also serve it with chocolate ice cream for those who do not
have milk problems.

Halva Balls:

I cup raisins

1 cup dates

1 cup tahine (sesame seed paste)

Blend till well mixed.

Roll into small balls and (optionally) dust with nut crumbs or coconut

Very nice if you add a little rum.

And cookbooks or websites:

A good recipe book for desserts that my daughter use and love is

"Allergy Free Desserts" by Elizabeth Gordon. They are all GF and DF.

"The Cake mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free" by Anne Byrn

Have you looked at  our casein free listing:

http://www.glutenfreeda.com/recipe-sub.asp?cat=29

You will see that this one chef uses dairy free Toffuti in mousses...which
allows the use of full flavors such as lemon, fresh berries, liquers, etc...

Also, you can make a wonderful homemade lemon curd which may be whipped with
Tofutti..

http://books.google.com/books?id=kq0PmK3rjosC
<http://books.google.com/books?id=kq0PmK3rjosC&pg=PA81&lpg=PA81&dq=non+dairy
+fruit+mousse&source=bl&ots=OI8Zd_YlFS&sig=veMUZbQsCewA_momkaa9lhAEiFM&hl=en
&ei=O_JJTeGvNYXYgQfrlOQ3&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CEAQ6A
EwCQ#v=onepage&q=non%20dairy%20fruit%20mousse&f=false>
&pg=PA81&lpg=PA81&dq=non+dairy+fruit+mousse&source=bl&ots=OI8Zd_YlFS&sig=veM
UZbQsCewA_momkaa9lhAEiFM&hl=en&ei=O_JJTeGvNYXYgQfrlOQ3&sa=X&oi=book_result&c
t=result&resnum=10&ved=0CEAQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=non dairy fruit
mousse&f=false

http://www.suite101.com/content/le-vacherin---a-simplified-version-of-the-cl
assic-french-dessert-a225766

Betty Crocker website for GF desserts