From:
Richard Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:20:27 -0400
Hello, as indicated already, I am Richard Wells: WD5CMZ, holder of an
advanced class license, which I understand is no longer available to
new hams. I have been a ham since February, 1977. For over the last 20
years however, I have not been on HF at all until about two weeks ago.
I did make rare appearances on two-meters and seventy centimeters while
in Florida. The only radio I have on HF now is an HTX-10 that my dear
friend Ron Miller N6MSA talked me into buying while they were on sale
for $60 after being discontinued. This was also while I was still in
Florida. I'm sure glad he did that now. Anyway, I digress. I am running
the HTX-10 on a vertical antenna, installed by four very generous and
helpful hams in my area here in East Texas. Needless to say, I am
excited to be back involved in the hobby. I look forward to seeing what
technology... communications equipment and accessibility options you
all use to enhance your experiences in the arena of ham radio..