C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:58:15 -0400
I also wanted to say that I calculated just how much my out of pocket
maximum and deductible are and used that to figure my annual FSA
bucket.  It's shockingly high even though I selected the highest level
of coverage with the lowest deductible.  Still if I hit out of pocket
maximums per year before the insurance kicks in at 100%, it's over
$5000 with a 90/10 coverage/copay.  The lowest level of coverage (that
is, with the lowest premiums) offers a 70/30 coverage/copay split with
a out of pocket maximum of over $7000.  There is an "employee maximum"
level where the employee has to pay 100% of costs up to $2000 before
the copay kicks in (mine is $750).  I sometimes wonder how many
employees have to choose between food and meds - that question haunts
me.

What, are you saying our plan is complicated?  Yeah, you're damned right it is.

Kat