From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:34:24 -0400
Curt,

Good luck with the new toy.  If I remember right, you are using a short
vertical.   It will have a narrow bandwidth on 75/80 meters.   You may
want to do swr checks every 25 khz or so across the band and see if
there is a resonant point within the band.   This band is so wide and
antenna bandwidth so narrow that you  may be trying to auto tune in a
portion where the swr is too high for the auto tuner to match.

73, Steve KW3A