From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 08:17:17 -0400
Tom,

Well the saga continues.  I've seen the suggestions about going into
Windows and changing the default sound card.   This will work, but there
is one problem.  Windows in it's infinite wisdom can (at the worst
possible time)  change what it considers to be the default sound card.
Usually happens after a reboot, some kind of crash or after a particular
update, or adding new hardware.
My suggestion (and what worked for me) is go into Jaws/utilities/sound
cards and select the on board sound card as the one jaws will use.  You
will probably see "default" as being the one that is currently checked,
but again, if Windows decides to change what it considers to be the
default, you have  to go back into windows sounds all over again.  By
telling Jaws to always use the on board sound card, you  won't have to
worry about what windows does.   Your on board sound might be something
like  real tech hi definition.

BTW, I know you are using Jaws 12, and this utilities/sound card menu
item became availible in version 10 or 11.
Just my thoughts,
Steve KW3A