From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 07:37:23 -0400
		Curtis,

I'm no mind reader and can't be positive  about what your friend means,
but  perhaps the "yahoo 590" is referring to the   TS-590 group  mailing
list on Yahoo.  All of the rigs you are considering have their  own
mailing lists and you may want to think about joining one or more as you
try and figure out what radio  you want to go with.

On the Kenwood 590 Yahoo list  for example, there have been  reports of
an internal fuse failing and also of high power spikes that may or may
not exist  and have some people concerned. You have to  factor in how
many problems are  there  compared with number of radios sold, what may
not really be a problem, but may be pilot error or just nit picking,
etc, and if any such problems really concern you.

I'm sure you can go to mailing lists for any of the Yeasu or Icom models
and see similar stuff going on.    Anyway, my 2 cents.

73, Steve KW3A