From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2011 08:38:58 -0400
This house used to have steam heat before it was completely renovated before
we moved in, in fact my fiance and I were the first people officially to
live in this building in 10 years when we moved in. If there is any
interference, I haven't heard any reports of it yet in over a year of living
here and my hf antenna is only a few inches off the roof. The dual bander I
use for voice is way up in a tree it shouldn't bother anything but I don't
do much vhf anyway and uhf is useless in this area, the packet antenna is on
the AC bracket and does what I want it to do. I don't run a lot of power
through that one, just 25 watts but the others when I use them I run close
to 100 Watts. I have 900 MHz beam around here too so it works out well so
far. I'll like getting my own house where I can put the cobra ultralite back
up and get it away from the building but I haven't had any problems so far.
I run LMR-400 for feed line though making sure the coax is good, so I really
took precautions not to run any coax that's questionable or anything. no RF
ground because I'm on the second floor but that's over rated anyway I find
as long as you are careful about the antennas.