From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2011 15:44:02 -0500
My shack consists of an L-shaped desk from Ikea with the long end
holding my two power supplies and to their left my TS850, to its left
the IC756PRO III, and to its left the Collins KWM2.  Around the
corner continuing to the left are the power supply for the Collins
and the old stack of IC27H, IC37a and IC47a 2 meter, 220 and 440
transceivers.  Behind them is a 20 amp. DC supply.  I have a shack
computer but it isn't connected.  A WIN95 machine and I want at least
an XP box to fill its space.  In our last house I had a longer "l"
and the A M gear sat at the extreme right end.  A Collins 75A3 or
National NC300 and a Viking II and VFO.  They are currently shelved
and probably destined for sale.  There is also a Swan 350 which I
picked up and may or may not ever get on the bench.  Between the Icom
and the Collins are two rotary antenna switches, one to choose the
transceiver and the other to select between the W5YI Mystery Antenna
dhe 80 meter Carolina Windem, both running essentially east and west
at about forty feet.
The shack is in the basement in a room used by the former owner as a
home office.  Pretty comfortable with inside/outside carpeting.
no wired Internet connection so I'll have to do without or get a WIFI
card for whatever computer finds its way to my shack.
Thanks for reading.
Pat, K9JAU