tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:20:36 -0400
Hi, folks.

Ok, don't worry, Murphy has not re-visited me, and things are still running
fine here.

However, I have noticed a recurrence of a very minor problem with my LDG TW1
talking watt meter.

Specifically, the volume control once again seems a bit flaky.  In other
words, as I move it up and down, it cuts out on occasion, and may even do it
sometimes in the middle of a power or SWR reading, making it necessary for
me to re-adjust the control. ... When the problem first occurred, I used
some canned air on the volume control, and it seemed to have cleared up the
problem temporarily.

I guess what I'm asking is has anyone else had this problem, and how did you
fix it?

I know that Radio Shack sells a can of some sort of contact cleaner, but
don't know if it's any good.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions, and I look forward to seeing many
folks on the round table later this afternoon.

I'll be on or near 7.185 MHZ at 4 p.m. Eastern, 2100 Z.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ