From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 19:35:32 -0500
Richard,

It sounds as though you have some noise in the neighborhood.

Try walking around your block with a portable radio. Check the AM band, and various short wave bands if you have a portable SW receiver available.

When you get an idea of where the noise is peaking, call the power company.

Your radio won't isolate the exact source, but, the power company should have access to equipment which will do that, and to the people who will know how to use it.