From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 15:00:08 -0600
I see, ok.
Do you think this type of thing can help on bass stations using a vertical
style antenna?  or does it mainly only help mobile installations that
receive QRN caused by wind, dirt and that get build ups of static
electricity from the antenna moving through the air?
also, using a quarter wave DC stub might help to eliminate RFI caused by
certain frequencies I would presume?  Say if you were causing your neighbors
home stereo to practically explode on 7 megs, would a properly tuned stub
for 7MHZ help to eliminate this issue along with a balun, chokes and low
pass filter of course.

I'm just wondering what other practical applications a quarter wave dc stub
could be used for other than the application for 27 meg mobile installations
that you mentioned.
does having the stub connected on a T reduce the amount of rf getting out to
the antenna? or does the open/closed aspect of having both the dc stub and
the regular antenna on the load prevent this?
also, does this only work when you are using a quarter wave antenna?
presumably, you could cut the stub to match what ever type of radiator you
are using?

73
Colin, V A6BKX