From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:24:52 -0500
Boy, you're not going to quit, are you?  The "overload" message is a
sign of over driving the sound card.  Did you try reducing the audio
output  from the radio all the way to zero?  If you do this and are
still getting garbage, then you have something else going on.   Maybe
try unplugging the radio to signal link cable, and with signal link
connected to pc, see if garbage is still there.

Under drop down menu "profiles", try several of the options: "fluttered
signals", "multi path", etc.

Any way to send audio from the rig to the pc's onboard sound  card, make
the change in mmtty setup, and see if you get the same results?

Maybe trying the Kenwood wouldn't be a bad idea.  If you don't have a
cable for the Signal Link, you can patch audio into one of the 1/8 jacks
on the rear of the Signal link (I forget which jack).    This won't help
with TX, but you have to get the receive right first.

Sorry I'm down to "maybe this" and "maybe that", but I'm running out of
ideas.

73, Steve KW3A