ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2011 07:58:12 -0400
I don't think so because one has to have had sight at some time in order for
the brain to fully understand how things are interpreted.  If not many
psychological problems will occur.  The few cases when sight was provided to
those born blind with no previous expertise having seen have proved
devastating for the person to whom sight was given.  This is what makes the
miracle Jesus performed on the man born blind so spectacular.  Because not
only was sight given this man; but a reconstruction and retooling of the
brain itself was performed as well to accommodate the newly acquired sense.
It is the same with the profoundly deaf.  If one has experienced hearing
these new advances are much more successful.  Because the brain has learned
to interpret the sounds the ear hears.