VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 28 May 2013 21:15:24 -0700
Hi all,

I'm trying to add a printer to my wireless network. It's got a setup
wizzard, so with sighted help, I've been able to set most things up. The
part I'm having trouble with is the network password, but I'm starting
to think the problem isn't the printer.

To add the printer to my network, I need to tell my printer to scan for
networks, choose mine, then enter the network key. The printer is a
Brother four-in-one (model MFC-7860DW). I'm able to find the network,
but the device keeps rejecting my network key. I tried just typing the
number, using the numberpad. Then I tried entering it as if I were
entering numbers into a nine-key entry pad, pressing all digits four
times except the 7 and 9, which I pressed four (and later five) times.
the person helping me says the number doesn't display so she has no way
of making sure it's the right number.

I'm entering the same key I've always  used to connect my various
devices, most recently a laptop, which I added to my network about a
month ago. Everything else is still on my network.

But when I went into my IP page and pressed enter on the password link,
I couldn't log in. I tried both the network password and my regular log
in password. When I press enter on Forgot Password, the computer tells
me to check the label on my modem, and the number there is the same one
I'm entering.

so my questions are these:

1. How can I check my password?

2. If anyone has this four-in-one, what's the best way to enter this
password?

Thanks for any help.

ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at