VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2012 22:38:46 -0500
Last evening, a friend handed me a Google Nexus and told me to spend a
couple of days with it.  I've been poking at it, but having some issues.
It's the first full on tablet I've played with.  Took me a while to
realize I had to be swiping in the right part of the window to change
items in that particular section.  It is a bit quirky, but I am struggling
along.

The big thing is, there doesn't appear to be a usable keyboard interface
out of the box.  IE, as soon as you touch a letter, it enters it into the
edit box, unlike on IOS where you split tap or double tap to enter the
letter after you find it.

Is there a setting I am missing or is there just not a functional, native,
accessible keyboard mode?

Thanks.

--
Blue skies.