VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 23 May 2012 23:09:45 -0700
Hi all,

Anyone have tips for installing Adobe Reader X on Windows 7 with Jaws 12?

I was running Adobe 9 and never had any success getting it to upgrade to
X. Since I could read my files, I didn't really care that I wasn't
running the latest and gradest. Then I received a PDF, and when I tried
opening it, I got a message saying that I would need to update to Adobe
X to best use some of the features in the document. I tried updating
Adobe 9 again, was told that I was up to date, uninstalled 9, rebooted
my computer, and tried unsuccessfully to install X.

I've tried installing Adobe X three times over the last week or so, and
each time the same thing happens:

I go to the Adobe website, press enter on the Download button, move
focus to the notification bar, and press enter on the Run button.
Eventually, the user account dialog box appears, asking whether I want
to allow Adobe to make changes to my computer. I hit alt+y for yes. An
Install dialog box appears, but Jaws doesn't detect anything when I move
focus into the box. I hear, "blank,whether I'm using the Jaws or PC
cursor, and nothing seems to happen when I tab or arrow around.

Since I need to read this document soon, I'll be getting sighted help,
but I'd really like to figure this out in case my sighted help takes
longer to get here.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]