VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:30:42 -0500
Hi, everyone.
Just thought I'd share with you, for whatever it's worth, the fact that
HP's Remote Assistance site is inaccessible with JAWS 13.  I tried about
four or five times to connect remotely with a tech from H.P.; but after
successfully entering a code into the main screen, I was unable to find
the Submit button needed to register my name.  Apparently, HP uses Flash
on this page, and all I saw was about eight unlabeled buttons.  I did
discover a Submit button with my JAWS cursor and fenagled my way to
clicking on it successfully; but then the next screen, where I had to
accept their privacy policy, proved problematic for me.  I could find
the Accept and Decline buttons with my JAWS cursor; but it appears that
just hovering the mouse over a button activates it, because without even
clicking on anything, I was logged out of the chat session before I even
began!  Needless to say, I'm having the tech write up a report on this
issue for his supervisor; and I submitted a comment with my contact info
in the little Comments area in the performance survey I got.

Since I can't get HP's help, and Microsoft will lonly send me to HP, I'm
hoping someone on this list can help me with a problem that's cropped up
with my Windows Media Player.  Basically, it tries to open, and then I
get a message that says that it needs to close.  I'm having issues with
other programs closing, too, none of them apparently related to my
having a virus, at least according to Norton.  But my main concern right
now is with WMP.  I'm using a Windows 7 64-bit machine.
Thanks for any help any of you can provide.
Rachel

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]