VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2012 22:07:48 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I received some DVDs for Christmas and am trying to play them using the
Convenient OCR feature in JAWS 13. So far, I haven't had much success. Per
the Help topic, I press JAWS key + space bar, followed by O for OCR,
followed by W for window. The results I'm getting are inconsistent at best.
Sometimes, it gives me the title of the DVD. Sometimes, it gives me nothing.
Sometimes, it gives me garbage. And sometimes, oddly enough, it gives me the
title of one of the tracks along with the features and main menuoptions, and
occasionally the play film option! It has never given me the menus for all
three programs on the DVD. When it gives me the options for one of the
programs, I don't know how it decides. I have enjoyed listening to the first
DVD, but would prefer not having to repeat the OCR operation 15 or 20 times
per program to get them to play. The DVD is opening in Windows Media Player.
Are there any settings that I can change to get better results, or is there
a better DVD player I could use? I already maximize the window before I
start the OCR. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Diane

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]