VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 18:58:32 -0600
I've read a few things that say Windows has gotten smarter and registry
cleaning isn't as necessary as it used to be. I tend to think this is
probably the case. I however still routinely clean my registry. I try to
take certain precautions though, such as making sure I have a current
restore point, doing routine backups, creating a backup of my registry file
and so on. I haven't had any problems that I trace back to an overly
aggressive registry cleaning. I should also say that I use registry cleaners
like EasyCleaner and Ccleaner which tend to be a bit less aggressive.

--
Christopher