Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 09:25:06 -0400
Hi Tom

Hope this comes through ok, my isp is doing an e-mail migration to new
servers and things have been a bit screwy for the past day.

I've got a 4 port  serial to usb  converter and 2 single  port units.  All
work fine with the Win 7 64 bit  and all 3 kenwood radios (2000, 480, 590)
and  Kenwood software for all 3 as well as XMlog and Writelog.    They
also handle FSK keying for RTTY and CW keying.

A few months ago when you were looking at a CW keying interface I tried to
steer you away from going the parallel  port route.   While there are usb
to parallel  converters, my understanding is that they don't work  for  cw
keying. Check with your parrallel interface builder before buying a
converter.   You may want to go with one of the units that use the  winkey
chip and usb connection to the pc,  or traditional serial keying via a usb
converter.

I'm doing the 590 with rig control on the serial port and audio in/out on
the usb.  I don't know if you can do rig control via the usb port on the
rig, but I don't think it is possible to key cw on that port.

I also had no problem getting the virtual comm port driver installed and
working fine

73, think I will drop the antennas today, we may get some bad stuff on
Sunday and I'd rather err on the side of caution,
Steve KW3A