VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:46:55 -0700
7bit
From:
I got the same update for Jaws 15 this morning. I also had an error
though I don't remember what it was exactly. I hit OK on the error
message, and when the computer rebooted, most of the items on the
taskbar (the ones you find when you press enter on the notification
chevron, then left-arrow) also produced error messages. When I turned
the computer off completely and restarted it, I was able to log in, but
beyond that, Jaws refused to focus on anything, so I turned the computer
off by pressing the power button, waited, and restarted. Since then,
everything has worked normally.

I'm describing all of this because it's happened before with Jaws
updates. In fact, I would say it's probably happened with every Jaws
update since I started using Windows 8/8.1. This is my first 64-bit
system, so that may be the thing that's tripping Jaws up.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]