VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 23:36:15 -0400
7bit
From:
Blaine Clark <[log in to unmask]>
You might be better off saving the files from the emails to your
folders. If you haven't scanned the files with your anti-virus program
yet, do that ASAP. Once they are saved, you shouldn't have the trouble
expanding them that you do while they are email attachments.
If you still have trouble expanding the program take a look at
http://www.7-zip.org/ which will let you expand .rar files and is good
as well as free.

No Microsoft garbage used here, sent by a very satisfied Linux-Mint
<http://www.linuxmint.com/> user (a former disgruntled Microsoft user).
You could check out Vinux, Linux for the visually impaired
<http://wiki.vinuxproject.org/>.
This email and any attachments are not virus scanned either, that's up
to you poor Microsoft users to deal with.
I'd rather be a dangerous, wild Linux Penguin than a docile,
domesticated, Microsoft sheep.

On 09/13/2013 09:39 PM, Lisa McManus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I received a book from someone that was in a rar file.  They explained
> to me that I needed a program to unpack the file and sent me a program
> in an email attachment.
>
> However, when I tried to unzip the files in the program I got a
> message that windows security was blocking the files from being
> unzipped because they came from an email attachment.
>
> The message I got advised me to click for details on how to allow the
> files to be unblocked but window eyes wouldn't read the instructions.
>
> If any could help with this problem I would really appreciate it.
> Thanks very much.
>
> Lisa

> Leave list: [log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>
> VICUG-L is archived on the World Wide Web at http://listserv.i cors.or
> g/archives/vicug-l.html <http://listserv.icors.org/archives/vicug-l.html>
>
> Send questions on list operation to [log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]