VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2012 10:58:26 -0700
From:
I think the Apple rep told you to get Vlingo. I've never tried this on
iPhone. On Android, it works pretty well. You say things like, "Send
Wendy a text: let's do dinner," and the phone opens a text message, puts
Wendy's cell number in the To field, and types "Let's do dinner" in the
body. I can edit the message manually, add to it, or send it.

Wordpress is very accessible. It takes getting used to because some
things aren't intuitive, but once you get the hang of it, it's fine. Off
hand, I only remember needing sighted assistance with widgets. Widgets
are things like the list of links, pages for static content, and a few
other bits and pieces. I found the list of widgets, but I couldn't click
on them or drag and drop them with the screen reader. Once a widget is
activated, then I am able to use it on my own. for example, someone else
activated Pages for me; after that, I could add, edit, remove pages on
my own. I find Wordpress to be more accessible than Blogger.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]