VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:05:39 -0500
Harry:
Currently, language and standards in broadcasting have become lax;
society seems to tolerate profanity more than ever.

However that may be, we have no control of it but;
 having said all of that, this isn't broadcast nor the national media.
 This is, in fact, an Email list where dialog and interpersonal
communication are supposed to be effecting real change in people's
uses of computers. It isn't the Howard Stern show, or anything like
it.

I'm hoping our list moderators will take a zero tolerance approach for
profanity and crude language and I'm suggesting that each person, as
they compose a message, decide whether they would talk to the person
they respect the most in the language they're using in their Email.
Really, if you want to be profane, keep it to yourself and among your
peers who may be tolerant of profanity and foul language.
.
Steve Hoad

--
posting from Emma's Family Farm,