Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 07:36:56 -0500
7bit
From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Tom,

Never used these particular connectors, but there are other types of
clamp on  - gasketed UHF connectors.   There are mil spec ones out there
that  use a compression type clamp to secure the braid and solder the
pin.    You can probably find them on e-bay for a lot less than 10 bucks.

While there is no real discription on the web site, the RF connection
has one listed under their "UHF series" page that says it assembles like
a type n connector, which I think also uses the compression scheme.
Maybe not, but an e-mail or call might give an answer.

http://www.therfc.com/index.html

I did get a crimper and connectors there a few years ago and have had no
problems.  Nice people to deal with.

73, Steve KW3A