Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2011 23:00:00 +0000

I had some wonderful suggestions for obtaining gluten-free food on St. John (U.S. Virgin Islands)

The smoothie place near the intersection of centerline road and rt. 10
will do gluten free smoothies if you explain to them what you need.
They also cleaned the mixer for us first to make sure there was no
cross contamination.

There was a owner operated Caribbean restaurant toward the left for
Crabbys dive shop in a 2 story concrete block building in Coral Bay
that did a gluten free meal for our daughter.  The owner/cook was very
nice and the food was good.  I would drop by before you go to talk to
her about what your needs are so she can plan ahead.

and

The restaurant at the resort on Maho bay has great food and the staff was very helpful with GF.  Great place to eat dinner and watch the sunset!

If you are island hopping at all, there are several good restaurants and a 400 year old rum distillery on or near Cane Garden bay on Tortola.

AND for more than 30 page travelogue including photos of ALL the Virgin Islands, this can not be beat! It is awesome!

You can read how I made out here:
http://donwiss.com/travel/carib2006.htm#STJ

Thank you, everyone. Thanks to Don, I will be journaling my visit too! I'll never get as good of photos as he did though.

It is important for people who travel to list their favorite places and experiences at the glutenfreetravelsite.com . I would never have even thought of going to the Caribbean without it. Maybe as a group we can have a national vacation "convention" someplace.

Joyce, Baltimore, MD