From:
- Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:10:13 -0400

Cold weather is coming and this is good with meatloaf.  For meatloaf,
instead of dried bread, I use about 1/2 cup ground oatmeal mixed with some milk.
I just saw almost the same recipe on The Chew.

Meatloaf Sauce

8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 cup water
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
Fresh ground pepper

Combine brown sugar and mustard in saucepan, slowly add rest of ingredients
and bring to boil.  Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes until slightly
thickened.  After meatloaf has baked 15 minutes, spoon enough sauce over
meatloaf to coat it.  Continue to bake and spoon sauce over it every 15 minutes
until done.  Remove meatloaf from oven and heat remaining sauce to serve
with it if desired.