From:
Lynn Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 19:59:39 -0400

Hi group:  I posted a question about gf dining in New Orleans about a month
ago, and received very few responses - please read on and see if you can
help me with more info!!!

Two suggested restaurants were Andrea's, near the lake.  And Acme Oyster
House in the French quarter.

Here is my original question:

Hi group - one of my celiac kids is going to New Orleans with a church group
for a home re-build project.  They plan to eat out a few times while they
are there - I think the person doing the planning would be open to
considering a gf friendly restaurant.  Anyone have suggestions for places
that can serve authentic New Orleans cuisine,  pretty cheap, friendly to
seating a bunch of teens and their chaperones..does not necessarily need to
have a gf menu, but someplace one can order a gf meal fairly easily.

My daughter is 17 and used to traveling and eating out, she can manage in a
restaurant, but it's a kind of unique situation where she will not have
transportation or control over where he group goes, so I am trying to
research ahead to make things a bit easier...

Thanks for your help!  Lynn

Unfortunately, Andreas looks upscale and expensive, so not a good choice for
this group.  I am sure there are other gf friendly places so any New Orleans
folks out there who can send me more info???  Many thanks!!

And to the lady who sent a long list of what my daughter cannot eat, and
told me she should cancel her trip - please don't contact me again.  My
daughter is doing a good thing by going on this trip.  I do not want her to
cancel, and I'm sure she'll manage and stay healthy - she's a big girl.