From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:33:55 -0400

In lieu of Liptons, our listmates suggest

1. Bette Hagman's recipe. (Listmate didn't know which book. I found it in More from the Gluten-free Gourmet, however the recipe includesKitchen Bouquet Browning Sauce, and I haven't a clue what that is or where to get it. This book first came out in 1989. I have all of her books.)
2. Osem cubes (If not with the soups, than check the ethnic area of your supermarket...kosher products, if there is one.)
3. The gf soup mixes from www.mayacamasfinefood.com.
4. Giant Eagle
5. Frito-Lay, check their website

Thanks. I use the mix with sour cream for a potato chip dip, when I'm having informal company or my granddaughter and her teenage friends come over. (I put down veggie sticks, too, for healthier option.)

But for onion soup itself, I found a fantastic, complicated recipe online. If you google gluten-free French Onion Soup recipes, you'll find quite a few options that all look similar to the one I used. I can't use beef stock and then put cheese on it, because I don't mix meat and dairy (kosher thing). I must have used vegetable stock at the time.

None of these are good for anyone on a low-salt diet.