From:
Trish Leon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:15:43 +0000
I don't use the microwave. I don't cook enough for leftovers, and I defrost in cold water or over a few days in the fridge. I think it can harm foods because I, too, read about not using a microwave to warm breast milk as it destroys nutrients and the antibodies that naturally occur therein. Then there is my personal taste preference: meat warmed or thawed in the microwave tastes just terrible IMHO. Since I prefer fatty beef and lamb, I like them as raw as possible. I don't even like freezing beef because it changes the flavor. But, I do freeze because I buy in large quantities.

If it can damage breast milk, it can damage other foods too, I suppose.

Thanks!

Trish