From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:44:52 -0330
Hi All:

I'm kind of thinking of something crazy! LOL
Let's say that an extreme EMP went off in our atmosphere and essentially knocked us back to the dark ages with regards to no power, communications and the like.
Supposing allot of portable generators survived and I think this likely, how difficult would it be to jack an HF transceiver into an A.M. transmitter, fire up the generator and begin broadcasting news and such.
I'm thinking all you'd have to do is run a Coax cable to the antenna system, don't think commercial broadcast stations use 1$ per foot coax, probably use some sort of hardline, so perhaps it might be just a simple as swapping a connecter.
Just thinking about all this solar activity and what if this so called 2012 event is in fact going to be the mother of all Sun Storms and as a result, we'll be back to the dark ages! LOL
Oh, who makes these big transmitters? I'd like to look up a model and look at the power outputs and specs! LOL No I'm not going to buy one but I am thinking of going to the bank with a business plan to start up my own FM broadcast station, maybe hide SSB capability in there ! LOL or CW! HIHI
73 and yes I'm nuts! LOL

Michael De VO1RYN