VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2011 05:58:50 -0500
Harry

I have 2 plastic thumb drives that may be 4-5 years old, and they haven't
cracked or done anything destructive.  Anything can break, become
defective and stop functioning.  Do you warn folks not to place food in a
refrigerator or freezer as they run the risk of spoiled food due to
electrical stopages, the compressor dying, and so on.
Perhaps no one ought to cross streets as that could become hazzardous to
one's health.  Perhaps no one ought to invest in stocks, bonds, real
estate as those areas of life can potentially lose their value.

A flash drive is a temporary storage device not designed to hold files
over a long time.  One should transfer stuff to their hd, a regular
external drive, or to a cd or dvd.

So sure a plastic thumb drive can break, but so, for that matter, can any
drive -- even the hd on your Gateway laptop running XP.

If my heart is right with God, every human being is my neighbor.
Oswald Chambers (1874-1917), prominent Scottish minister and teacher

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]