Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:08:10 -0800

Hi All,

I have read with interest on this list over the years about people who are suffering from geographic tongue.

My daughter was diagnosed with CD over 12 years ago and has suffered from geographic tongue almost as long.
She has both Geographic Tongue and Tongue Fissures and it make eating many foods very uncomfortable for her.
Things like citrus, peppers, spicy or vinegars are very painful to eat and even things that most people would consider mildly flavored sometimes bother her.
Having Celiac Disease already limits her diet and the painful tongue even makes it worse.

I am writing today because I took her to the pediatrician for a back problem today and since we were there, we asked him again about her geographic tongue.  My daughter is going off to college in the fall and I would like to find some kind of relief for her before she is eating away from home.
So, her ped dr. sent us to the dermatologist and the dermatologist listened very carefully and looked at my daughter's tongue very carefully.  We told him about her celiac disease and wondered if there is any relationship etc.
The derm dr. said he thought there wasn't any relation between the cd and the tongue issue.

The derm dr. prescribed Clobetasol Gel .05% for my daughter to put on her tongue twice a day for relief.  We are to try this for two weeks.  It is a short term relief if it works, not a long term solution.

I have done a LOT of searching on line over the years as to anything that works to relieve the pain of geographic tongue or to clear up the lesions.

I have read where some people take B12, Niacin, Riboflavin and many other "natural" solutions.

My question to you all is this....

Do any of you have geographic tongue?
Have you found ANYTHING at all that clears up the symptoms or relieves the pain?
If you have geographic tongue have you found any known association with celiac disease?
Has anyone else tried Clobetasol gel and has it worked?

OR, even if you don't have geographic tongue, do you know of anything that helps the condition?

Thanks for any input on this issue.
I will summarize your responses.

Beth
El Dorado Hills, CA