From:
Jill Bellissimo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 03:00:49 EST

Hello,
Our 8 year old daughter has been eating gluten free since she was diagnosed
 with CD at 18 months old.  Once she began eating gluten free, she has been
 a healthy and active child.
This past summer, she started getting intermittent bouts of nausea.   She
describes it as a "yucky feeling" in her throat.  Her stomach seems to  feel
okay during these episodes.  She does not vomit, but she feels like  she
could, and worries about this happening.
It seemed at one point things were getting better, because I did not hear
as much about these attacks.  But the past couple of months, it seems like
these episodes are picking up.
And now, they are beginning to effect her day to day life.
She loves school, but now school is not as fun, because when these hit, she
 begins to worry what will happen next.
She has had to leave in the middle of soccer practices, dance classes, and
other activities that she thoroughly enjoys.  This tells me it is not
stress-related, and she loves these activities, and hates to miss them.
I have tried to pinpoint these bouts as to whether it is before/after
eating, certain times of the day, certain foods, etc., etc.  They are so  very
random, I cannot find any type of pattern.
She had a food allergy panel done recently, and we are waiting for those
results.
Two summers ago, she was having urinary tract infections.  After all  sorts
of tests, they came to the conclusion that she was "backed up", and that
was what was causing the infections, due to pressure on her bladder.  She
has been taking magnesium citrate since that time, in the morning, and in the
evening, in order to keep things moving, and hasn't had any further
infections.  However, every time we try to wean her off of the powder,  things
slow down again, and we go back to her usual dose.
I am only sharing this piece, because I thought maybe in some way this is
connected to the nausea.  Maybe her body is done with the magnesium  citrate?
I am running out of theories and hope someone might have some  insight.
Also, we are VERY anal about her gluten free food.  Of course, this is
always the first thing that crosses our minds when she is not feeling well, but
 everything checks out to be safe for her.
Thanks so much for your help!
Jill
Auburn, CA