From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:21:52 +0000
A cooked, palaeolithic diet wouldn't be any good for getting rid of osteoarthritis. This is because it's been pointed out that modern hunter-gatherers on traditional diets also get osteoarthritis, even if they eat a cooked palaeo diet:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet#Observational_studies

Given that heat-created toxins derived from cooked foods, specifically advanced glycation end products(aka "AGEs"), are routinely linked to  general age-related inflammation, and the number of studies done on the connection between AGEs and osteoarthritis:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11822407

http://arthritis-research.com/content/6/S3/78

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/107642826/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

http://www.febsletters.org/article/S0014-5793(07)00368-7/abstract

 going rawpalaeo(ie raw meat, raw fruit/raw veg) would be more likely to work than any other method.

Geoff

> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:19:46 -0500
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Arthritis question...
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hello everyone. This may be sort of off topic and I apologize in advance
> if it is. I have read that paleo eating can help rheumatoid arthritis,
> but haven't really found anything saying it's of benefit to
> osteoarthritis--the wear and tear on joints as we age. Three of my
> sisters have osteoarthritis and I've been trying to find info to help
> them alleviate pain/inflammation and possibly to prevent further
> deterioration of the joint.
>
> I'd appreciate any links, suggestions and/or personal experiences of
> what may help.
>
> Thanks
> Stevie

Got a cool Hotmail story? Tell us now