VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:59:36 -0800
Hi all,

Over the last two days, I've bought six Kindle books. I've stripped the
DRM from four and converted them to Word docs, using Kindle DRM Removal
and Stanza. I'm having trouble with two of the books, and I'm hoping
someone who uses either of these programs can help.

One problem is with Stanza. I successfully removed the DRM from a
1,300-page dictionary, but when I try opening it in Stanza, the program
just hangs. I eventually give up after twenty to thirty minutes. I've
opened the DRM-free version of the book in Kindle to make sure the file
isn't corrupt, and I've deleted my stripped file in order to redo the
removal process, but the file still doesn't open. I don't think the
page-length is the issue because I've opened two other files that were
longer, one being two thousand pages, the other being eighteen hundred.

The other problem is with Kindle DRM Removal. I follow the steps to
remove the DRM, but the removal keeps failing. The error message just
says it failed. It says I can click to open the file and click to see
the list of errors, but I'm not finding where I'm supposed to click,
even with the Jaws cursor, and I'm not finding the stripped file
anywhere. I'm not sure what to do to get a successful removal.

If anyone has any suggestions for any of these problems, I'd be most
grateful. I'm using Windows 7 and Jaws 13 if that makes a difference.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]