VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2012 17:25:59 -0700
Google Books are epub and pdf files. some are right protected; others
are not. I'm not sure if the pdfs all have underlying text.

I don't know of an epub reader for the PC. Mac is supposed to have
something called ReadHear, which I haven't tried yet. I suspect most
screen reader users access epubs on their smart phones. Both Android and
iOS devices have Google Books apps that are fairly accessible. I've only
recently started reading Google books on my Android devices. So far, all
the books I've tried have been accessible, but not all of the magazines.
Since I've only been doing this for a few weeks, I don't feel comfident
saying much more. I've included two links from the Google support pages
below.

http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1062949
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1062502

Archived on the World Wide Web at