VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:02:13 -0700
I understand how placing the hands on the device creates a virtual set of
keys, what isn't clear is how one actually uses that keyboard. Since Braille
requires up to six keys pressed in combination, how does a person indicate
the he or she is brailing, rather than just calling up the keyboard? You
have to lift your fingers off the pad before Brailing a letter, so then
what? Don't know if I explaining this well, but Brailing is obviously not
the same issue as typing which is only one key at a time.