VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:33:26 -0500
Job Title: Web Content Manager
>Department: Department Of Justice
>Agency: Civil Rights Division, Offices, Boards, and Divisions
>Job Announcement Number:
><http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=89804435&JobTitle=W
eb+Content+Manager&q=web+manager&where=washington&x=96&y=11&brd=3
876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&AVSDM=2010-08-04+00%3A03%3A00>10-CRD-0
41(DEU)

>SALARY RANGE:
>$89,033.00 - $136,771.00 /year
>This position will be filled at either the GS-13 or GS-14 grade
level.
>OPEN PERIOD:
>Wednesday, August 04, 2010 to Friday, August 20, 2010
>SERIES & GRADE:
>GS-0301-13/14
>POSITION INFORMATION:
>Full-Time  Permanent
>PROMOTION POTENTIAL:
>14
>DUTY LOCATIONS:
>1 vacancy - WASHINGTON, DC
>WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
>Applications will be accepted from United States citizens and
nationals.

>JOB SUMMARY:
>All <http://www.justice.gov/crt/>Civil Rights Division offices
are
>ideally situated near metro stations or other public
transportation,
>and are conveniently accessible to restaurants, museums and other
>D.C.  area attractions.  Most jobs in the Division offer
alternative
>work schedules and other family friendly opportunities are
>available.  Most employees who commute by public transportation
are
>provided a transit subsidy benefit.

>The Civil Rights Division is committed to upholding the civil and
>constitutional rights of all Americans, particularly some of the
>most vulnerable members of our society.  The Division enforces
>federal statutes designed to protect the civil rights of all
>individuals and prohibit discrimination on the basis of race,
color,
>sex, disability, religion, and national origin.  Established in
>1957, the Division has grown in size and scope over the decades,
and
>has been instrumental in many of our nation's battles to advance
>civil rights, from the desegregation of our nation's schools to
the
>prosecution of hate crimes, from ensuring girls and women have
equal
>opportunities in schools and the workplace to guaranteeing that
>individuals with disabilities can access civil services to which
we
>all have a right.
>The primary goal of the
><http://www.justice.gov/crt/drs/drshome.php>Disability Rights
>Section is to achieve equal opportunity for people with
disabilities
>in the United States by implementing the Americans with
Disabilities
>Act (ADA).  Through its multi-faceted approach toward achieving
>compliance with the ADA, this Section works to make this goal a
>reality.  The Section's enforcement, certification, regulatory,
>coordination, and technical assistance activities, required by
the
>ADA, combined with an innovative mediation program and a
technical
>assistance grant program, provide a cost-effective and dynamic
>approach for carrying out the ADA's mandates.  The Section also
>carries out responsibilities under Sections 504 and
><http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/508/508home.php>508 of the
Rehabilitation
>Act, the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act, and
><http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/cor/12250.php>Executive Order 12250.

         David Andrews and long white cane Harry,
Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]