From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:03:24 -0500

In a message dated 1/27/2011 2:11:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Ron, I don't track ketosis. I seldom eat any kind of processed meat
anymore, and very rarely have nuts. As for timing of carbs, it has varied a lot. I
usually eat dinner around 6:00 pm. As I say, even zero carb hasn't made a
difference. Reducing protein tends to increase my appetite quite a lot, so
zero carb with low protein is very difficult for me; I experience intense
hunger. After two days of fat fasting I'm insanely hungry. If I eat unrestricted
amounts of fat, I can keep the hunger at bay, but of course I don't lose
weight either.

Todd Moody

Hi Todd,

Unless you live in the tropics, I believe our bodies simply want to hold
onto fat during the cold, dark winters.  Also, with the colder weather, many
of us expend less energy just in our daily comings and goings (such as
staying inside and sitting around more) and are less motivated to do formal
exercise (such as going to the gym).

Here are some thoughts that I hope may be helpful:

1)  Get your thyroid, testosterone/dhea, insulin and glucose levels
checked;

2)  Go to a tropical area for a warm sunny vacation or go to a tanning
parlor that still uses the old style medium-high intensity beds (UVA and UVB)
rather than the new style UVA only.  If the aforementioned are not viable,
consider investing in one of light panels available at Dr. Mercola's web site;

3) Optimize your vitamin D levels which fall in the winter and if you are
overweight, your excess body fat can sequestor the vitamin D driving your
blood levels lower;

4) Drink thermogenic agents like black coffee or green/oolong/white tea
throughout the day -- if using black coffee -- just use 1/4 cup Asian style
serving per serving so you don't get too much caffeine;

5) Use hot spices on your foods such as ginger/cayenee/black pepper/curry
and try munching on a few cocoa beans/nibs (unsweetened);

6) Try a Cryogenic Chamber Therapy if available;

7) Try acupuncture from a qualified practioner;

8) Try cutting all dairy (including butter) and use coconut oil as your
primary fat; try introducing reasonable amounts of seaweed into your diet or
take an iodine supplement but exercise caution and start slowly to see how
your body reacts;

9)  Don't overexercise.  I'm not sure exercise other than walking and maybe
some very brief weight lifting stints or if you can manage -- body weight
exercise like push-ups, squats is necessary or desirable during a stall;

10) Check out Tim Ferris' 4 Hour Body -- I haven't read it but have heard
good things about it and it is full of tips to jumpstart fat loss within
according to the reviews is a paleoish (except for beans) type diet plan..

Good Luck!