From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:13:36 -0400
There will be occasional magnetic disturbances.  And solar flux is not
predicted to be quite so high next weekend.  But overall, I think we're into
high sunspot conditions for the next 3 or 4 years.  Among other things, this
means that 160 won't be nearly so good for DX, but ten meters will more than
make up for it.  I am not expecting six meters to do very much, but we might
be surprised.

It was good hearing some nice, stable JA signals last night on ten SSB and
CW.  I worked EY8MM (Kyrgyzstan) on ten SSB this morning.  Also worked
GW0ZZK on ten AM, and he gave my 28 watts an S9 + 15 dB.  Sending some dits
with full break-in on, I could also hear my long-path echo some of the time
on 10 this morning.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Wheaton, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls