From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2011 22:18:18 -0230
Hi All:

Well, I required more than 50 feet of coax to reach my antenna switch.
So what I have is the ladder line portion with a transformer and 50 feet professionally sealed.
Then I used a barrel connector and added a further 50 feet, again all sealed and weather proofed. but now I have about 30 feet too much in the shack.
I have also discovered that my feed line is coming into contact with my fairly long ground wire, as they share the same conduit.
So I think the thing I should do is pull back enough to wind a 10 turn coax choke, move that leg which is presently about 1 foot above my feedline and running parallel, moving it about 20 feet away,
rearrange my shack, remove that conduit, shortin up that second 50 foot length, keeping them well clear of my station's main ground wire.
I figure about 20 feet of that 2ND 50 foot length should do. Should  shortin' that up as well because I think this in fact might be acting or detuning things.

73:

Michael De VO1RYN