From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 12:07:18 -0230
Hi Howard:

I use the Remote Rig 1258MkII system from Microbit out of Sweden.
This system is comprised of 2 components. A control RRC which sits here in my apartment. This unit has my deskmic and paddles connected and then is connected to my Internet router and then on to the net.
At the remote end, the shack, there's a unit called the Radio RRC which is connected to my Rig's mic, Key and external speaker jacks, along with the internet connection.
This unit handles all the keying and audio transferring. I then connect to the Control RRC here in my apartment with a Laptop running Ham Radio Deluxe and am able to control the rig's front panel.
I can even power on and off the rig with the use of another utility which connects through the control RRC to the rig.

HTH & 73:

Michael De VO1RYN