From:
Kris Hickerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2011 13:52:08 -0500
Colin,  I have used the DStar dongle in the past, and you are right, the old
software is no longer available and it wouldn't work if you could find it.

I have been in touch with Robin Cutshaw, the developer of the DStar software
and made him aware that the new software is useless to us.  The problem is
all the unlabeled graphics.  The screenreader doesn't know what to do with
them.  I tried to see if I could memorize the order in which the various
graphics appear on the screen, but that wasn't very successful.

Robin intends to work on the software, and I gave him contact information
for both Freedom Scientific and G. W. Micro, so if he had any questions
about hpow to make it completely accessible for us he can contact them.

I had an e-mail from Robin last week and he assured me that he hasn't
forgotten about us and does intend to correct the problem.  He is simply
incredibly busy and has not had the time to do it.  As soon as I have any
additional information from Robin, I will let you and the list know about
it.  I enjoyed DStar.  It was simply another fun way of communicating and I
look forward to getting the dongle out again.

73
Kris